Respite care can support you and your carer with a break for a short period of time.
There are a range of respite services available to help carers get to everyday activities or go on a planned break.
- In-home respite; usually involves a support worker coming to your home so that your carer can go out for a few hours. They may also take you for an outing while your carer has a break.
- Centre-based day respite; usually takes place in our Centre. It offers structured group activities or outings that give you a chance to do things that you enjoy and talk with other people. This includes transport to and from the centre.
- Over-night respite; depending on staffing levels we may be able to provide over-night respite on a short term basis.
Other carer services that we provide include:
- Dementia Support Group – for the carers of clients with dementia
- Parkinson’s Support Group – for clients with Parkinson’s and their carers
- Couples Group – an opportunity for clients and their partners to socialise with others